8 nights 9 days Senior Citizen Bhutan Tours
Our Senior Citizen Bhutan Tours are made up of Comfortable Vehicles, Fine Hotels, Glorious Vistas, Superb Cuisine, and most importantly a Guide and a driver whose passion and knowledge brings it all together.
- Meals: buffet / Table lunch but mostly we serve table lunch for our senior citizens for their convenience or based on our client’s interest.
- No Trekking but comfortable shopping
- Customised Itineraries
- 24/7 Health Care facilities
- practical experience, geographical routing, and topographical considerations.
- History and meditation
On arrival at the Paro International Airport, you will be received by your local Bhutanese tour guide from Zoid Jin Tours. Transfer to your hotel in Paro and have a refreshment/lunch.
In the evening scroll near hotels to see the river view or at town and you may visit local Bhutanese handicraft shops.
Overnight at a hotel in Paro.
After late breakfast visit the following:
· National Museum: On a ridge immediately above Rinpung Dzong is the Ta Dzong (watchtower), built as a watchtower to protect the Dzong from intruders and warring factions. In 1968 Paro’s Ta Dzong was inaugurated as the National Museum, and now holds a fascinating collection of art, relics, religious thangkha paintings, Bhutan’s exquisite postage stamps, coins and handicrafts, together with a small natural history collection.
After lunch relax in hotel or visit some view points for the meditation or for the glances.
Paro – Thimphu Sightseeing
After breakfast, your Zoid jin tour guide and driver will drive you to Thimphu – the capital city of Bhutan. This route will take you through Chunzom (confluence of Pachu- the river flowing through Paro valley & Wangchu –the river flowing through Thimphu valley). On the way, you may stop to visit:
· Tachog Lhakhang (temple), this 14th century temple located on the base of a mountain across the Pa chu on the Paro-Thimphu highway, is a must visit temple in the Paro valley. Built by the great master architect Thangtong Gyalpo, the temple houses some unique statues. To get to the temple one may actually walk over the iron chains that spans over the Pa chu.
Walk through Chuzom bridge and relax for a while to have rest room facilities. After lunch visit the following:
· Memorial Chorten also known as the Thimphu Chorten, is a stupa built in memory of the 3rd King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuk by his mother Queen Ashi Phuntsho Choden Wangchuck.
· Kuenselphodrang where the Bhutan’s largest Buddha statue is perched on the hillock overlooking the entire Thimphu valley below and the view from there is magnificent. Craft Bazaar where craftsmen and artisans from across the country display and sell their handicrafts.
Dinner and hotel at Thimphu.
After breakfast visit the following:
· Changangkha Lhakhang The temple is one of the oldest in Thimphu, built in the 12th century and is located above the main town of Thimphu overlooking the Thimphu valley.
· Takin Zoo : Takin(Burdorcastaxicolor) the national animal of Bhutan that is associated with religious history and mythology. Not only Takin but you will also going to see animals like glory, summer dinner and so on.
· Nunnery (Thangtong Dewachen Nunnery) The nunnery, popularly known as Zilukha Anim Dratshang is located above Zilukha Lower Secondary School, overlooking Tashichodzong in Thimphu valley. It is a few minutes’ drive from the main Thimphu town.
After Lunch visit:
· Simply Bhutan: A museum built in a style of traditional farmhouse and you will be got to wear Bhutanese dress (Namely Gho for man and Kira for Women) for the Photo Studio.
· Bhutan Post: Move towards Bhutan post for having the personalized stamps and also for sending post cards to your friends and relatives.
Dinner and Hotel at Thimphu.
Thimphu – Punakha Sightseeing
After breakfast you will be travelling to Punakha through Dochula Pass (3,088m/10,130ft). In the clear sky; enjoy the panoramic view of the Himalayan mountain ranges. Then pass by the beautiful 108 chortens built on the hill by Her Majesty Ashi Dorji Wangmo (Queen Mother of Bhutan) for the security and wellbeing of His Majesty, the King of Bhutan. And also visit:
· Druk Wangyal Lhakhang (temple) .The temple was built to honor His Majesty the fourth Druk Gyalpo, Jigme Singye Wangchuck. The past and future appear to merge in the details of the lhakhang that tells the story of a supreme warrior figure whose vision pierces the distant future.
After Lunch visit:
· A Short Hike to Divine Madman’s Monastery-Chhimi Lhakhang: famously known for its fertility shrine, where one can receive a special fertility blessing.
Overnight at a hotel in Punakha/Wangdue.
After breakfast drive to:
· Punakha Dzong: Built in 1637 and often referred to as the 'Palace of Happiness', is the second oldest and second largest Dzong in Bhutan. The Punakha Dzong is situated on the junction of the two rivers the Phochu (Male River) and Mochu (Female River) and is one of the most spectacular Dzongs in the country.
· Suspension bridge: The Punakha Suspension Bridge is located very much near to the Punakha Dzong and is the longest suspension bridge in Bhutan built above the Po Chu river. You can relax and spent your time walking over the bridges and have refreshment at the end point.
Overnight hotel and dinner in Punakha / Wangdue
. Punakha Sightseeing – Paro
After breakfast travel back to paro and on the way visit:
· Simtokha Dzong: Simtokha literally means “Atop a Demon” also known as Sanga Zabdhon Phodrang is located around 5km south of Thimphu center. It I the first Dzong built in 1629 by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel who unified Bhutan.
After lunch visit one of the farmhouses to enjoy the real Bhutanese style and also to have hot stone bath.
Overnight hotel and dinner in Paro
After breakfast visit:
· Tigernest View point: After breakfast visit till tiger nest view point to have the clear picture about the monastery and if wanted to avail horse facilities then also you can visit till Cafeteria where you can stop for tea / Coffee facilities.
· Drugyel Dzong: Drukgyal Dzong ruins is located 14kms north of Paro town, near the end of the paved road. Druk gyalDzong (victories fortress) was built around 1644-49. The reconstruction of the Dzong is going on.
· Kichu Lhakhang: one of the 108 temples built in the Himalayas by the Tibetan king, Songtsen Gampo. The building of this temple marks the introduction of Buddhism in Bhutan.
In the evening stroll around the Paro town, free mingle with people and do shopping. Spent your dinner by meeting Managing Director of Zoid Jin tours and their teams.
Zoid Jin Tours & Treks (your local Bhutan travel agent) will see you off at the Paro Airport for your onward destinations.
*** Remember the Itineraries can be change depending upon the interest of our tourist visiting Bhutan through Zoid Jin Tours.
Please feel free to share any kind of doubts about visiting Bhutan, Zoid jin tours has answers for you …
With warm Regards
For the Month of March, April, May, September, October and November
|Tour Cost for 1 person||$2,320 ( USD two thousand three hundred and twenty only)||Includes single person surcharge of $40 per night|
|Tour Cost for 2 people||$2,040 (USD two thousand and forty only)||Includes two people surcharges of $30 per night|
|Tour Cost for 3 people & above||$1,800 (USD one thousand and eight hundred only )||No surcharges is applicable for 3 people and above.|
For the Month of June, July, August, December, January and February
|Tour Cost for 1 person||$1,920 (USD one thousand nine hundred and twenty only)||Includes single person surcharge of $40 per night|
|Tour Cost for 2 people||$1,680 (USD one thousand six hundred and eighty only)||Includes two people surcharges of $30 per night|
|Tour Cost for 3 people & above||$1,440 (USD one thousand four hundred and forty only )||No surcharges is applicable for 3 people and above.|
The above Bhutan tour cost includes:
- Bhutan Government Royalty of US$65 per night per person
- Twin sharing hotel Rooms at 3 star hotels
- All Meals at 3 star hotels
- English speaking tour guides
- All transportation's within Bhutan
- All entrance fees to museums and monuments
- All internal taxes and charges
- Fresh drinking Mineral water
- Extra Guide's while Hiking
The above Bhutan tour cost doesn’t includes:
- Visa fee US $40 each
- Airfares (optional)
- Travel insurance (recommended but not available in Bhutan)
- Other personal expenses, calls overseas and other more
- Guide and driver tipping's