8 Night 9 Day Punakha Festival Tour
When is Punakha Festival?
Schedule of Punakha Dromchoe : Feb 12-14, 2020
Schedule of Punakha Tshechu : Feb 15-17, 2020
The Punakha Tshechu, as all Tshechu festivals, honors Padmasambhawa, also known as Guru Rimpoche, the precious yogi and saint who is credited with having introduced Tantric Buddhism throughout the Himalayas.The Punakha Drubchen is a unique festival because it hosts a dramatic recreation of the scene from the 17th century battle with Tibetan army. The ‘pazaps’ or local militia men dress in traditional battle gear and reenact the ancient battle scene. Witness the celebration of traditional Bhutanese culture and faith and Punakha Festival (Tsechu), held in the grounds of the magnificent Punakha Dzong. This Bhutan tour also explores all of the highlights of Bhutan’s western valleys, and visits Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Cranes.
- Witness sacred dances and rituals performed by monks and laymen with colourful costumes.
- Join in with locals in a special occasion of celebration, blessings and socializing.
- Explore Phobjikha Valley, winter home to the Black-Necked Crane.
- Visit many cultural attractions including medieval fortresses (Dzongs), markets and museums.
- Hike up to the famous Taktsang Monastery, as we believe that visiting one time Tiger nest is equivalent to visiting 1000 temples.
- Marvel at the elaborate and ancient wall paintings and carvings in Dzongs and temples.
- Finding Happiness in Action Bhutan tours with Varieties of Bhutanese games and sports.
- Visit one of the farm house and have hot stone bath.
- Meet with one of the great master to listen the teaching of Buddhism.
- Leisure walk in Town to have souvenirs and etc
*** Remember the Itineraries can be change depending upon the interest of our tourist visiting Bhutan through Zoid Jin Tours. Please feel free to share any kind of doubts about visiting Bhutan, Zoid jin tours has answers for you …
With Warm Regards
Zoid Jin Tours